Answers to frequently asked Thank-You Gift questions are below. If the answer to your question is not listed here, please contact us using the Member Services contact information at the bottom of this page.
How can I access Passport to stream videos? How do I know if I have access to Passport?
Passport information is listed on our Passport Help page.
- I requested a Rick Steves’ Easter thank-you gift. When will I receive it? Rick Steves’ Easter items are still being manufactured and will ship by 2/15/18.
- I requested a New York Times and/or crossword puzzle subscription. When will I receive redemption information? You will receive redemption information directly from KQED within three weeks of your payment being processed. Please contact us using the Member Services contact form or phone number listed at the bottom of this page to report non-receipt of the email if more than three weeks have passed since your payment was processed.
- When will I receive my emergency kit? You will receive your emergency kit within four weeks of your first payment being processed. You will receive an automatic email shipping notification once your package ships. If you have any questions, please contact us by using the Member Services contact form or phone number listed at the bottom of this page.
How long does it take to get my gift after I donate?
- SHIPPING: Please allow two to six weeks after your first payment is received for delivery of your thank-you gift(s) as they are shipped using the most economical method, which may include using UPS or USPS. If you requested several gifts, it is possible that they will arrive in separate shipments.
- TICKETS: If you requested tickets for a live performance or event, please be advised that tickets are assigned in the order that pledges are made. You will receive your tickets approximately two weeks prior to the scheduled event. If you made a pledge for an event that is less than two weeks away, you will receive your tickets or admission instructions prior to the performance or event. If you have any questions, please contact us by using the Member Services contact form or phone number listed at the bottom of this page.
Is there a catalog of thank-you gifts currently being offered?
Yes, this is the catalog.
How do I select a replacement thank-you gift for my donation??
If you change your mind about the thank-you gift you requested, you may select a replacement at any time before your thank-you gift is provided. Please visit www.kqed.org/donate and proceed as if making a pledge to review thank-you gifts available for a donation at a comparable level. Once you identify a suitable replacement, please contact us to indicate your selection and we will provide it as long as inventory is available. Please contact us by using the Member Services contact form or phone number listed at the bottom of this page.
I am interested in a thank-you gift from a previous fundraising drive. Is it still possible to get it?
It is often possible to receive thank-you gifts from recent fundraising drives. Please contact us by using the Member Services contact form or phone number listed at the bottom of this page and the representative will tell you if the item is available and at what donation level.
What if I get the wrong gift or a damaged thank-you gift?
If you open your gift and discover that it’s wrong or damaged, please contact us by using the Member Services contact form or phone number listed at the bottom of this page.
What is “Fair Market Value”?
Fair market value (FMV) is generally the amount an item would typically be sold for in a voluntary transaction between a buyer and seller. The supplier of the thank-you gift advises KQED of the FMV of our thank-you gifts.
How can I order videotapes of previously aired programs?
- If you are referring to a thank-you gift related to a program that aired during a fundraising drive, please contact us using the Member Services contact information at the bottom of this page.
- For other programs, a large library of PBS programs are available for purchase at PBS Home Video: 1.800.752.9727 or shopPBS.org. If you don’t find your item there, then check the official website for the specific program.
Answers to frequently asked Thank-You Gift questions are listed above. If the answer to your question is not listed, please contact us using the form below. You may also call us at (415) 553-2150 during regular Member Services hours. Member Services hours are Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 4:45 p.m.
Contact Member Services, or other KQED Departments, using this form: