KQED is offering a variety of free trainings and professional learning opportunities this school year for Bay Area teachers to support the effective use of digital media in the classroom. From webinars to workshops, sign up for one or more free trainings to take full advantage of our extensive online media resources, and employ our customizable interactive lesson plans and other multimedia learning tools in the classroom. On April 30, 2016 KQED will host a full day of learning in the KQED studio. Register here.
Each webinar (full schedule and topics below) is focused on a specific topic. Register for one or more free webinars and/or attend a hands-on training at your county office of education.
Webinars are 30-minute online sessions that are part lecture and part interactive exploration of media integration.
- PBS in the Classroom: Media Integration
September 17th, 2015 4pm- 4:30pm (online)
- Engage Students in Participatory Media Experiences
October 8th, 2015 4pm- 4:30pm (online)
- News Education in the Classroom
October 15, 2015 4pm- 4:30pm (online)
- KQED and NGSS with PBS LearningMedia
November 19, 2015 4pm- 4:30pm (online)
- Arts Integration with Public Media
December 10, 2015 4pm- 4:30 (online)
Face-to-face workshops are 2-hour hands-on sessions taking place at various county offices of education, exploring effective integration of media-based tools for teaching and learning. BYOD!
- Marin County Office of Education
September 24, 2015 4pm-6pm
- Contra Costa County Office of Education
November 12, 2015 4pm-6:00pm
- Santa Clara County Office of Education
December 5, 2015 10am-12pm
- San Mateo County Office of Education
December 12, 2015 10am-12pm
- Alameda County Office of Education
If you are interested in learning more, or scheduling KQED Education staff to work with your group, please contact Almetria Vaba (email@example.com) or Randy Depew (firstname.lastname@example.org).