Interim chair of the Democratic National Committee, Donna Brazile delivers remarks on the second day of the Democratic National Convention at the Wells Fargo Center, July 26, 2016 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

Former interim Democratic National Committee chair Donna Brazile says in her new memoir that “it broke [her] heart” when she found proof that Hillary Clinton’s team had rigged the 2016 Democratic nomination process, a claim Brazile later withdrew. The assertion brought immediate rebukes from Clinton aides, who said she misrepresented the campaign. Brazile joins us to talk about the primary, the state of the DNC and her controversial new book, “Hacks: The Inside Story of the Break-Ins and Breakdowns That Put Donald Trump in the White House.”

Guests:
Donna Brazile,
former chair, Democratic National Committee; campaign manager, Gore-Lieberman 2000; author, “Hacks: The Inside Story of the Break-ins and Breakdowns That Put Donald Trump in Office”; fellow, Harvard’s Kennedy School Shorenstein Center on Media, Politics and Public Policy

Ex-DNC Chair Donna Brazile Stokes Controversy and Fury with Retelling of 2016 Election 10 November,2017Amanda Stupi

• Curious

The left are eating their own. More and more examples of Hillary’s graft and corruption will eventually surface. The “Russia Investigations” are now showing that it was Hillary, not Trump, that colluded with the Russians. She should be in jail.

• William – SF

The right are wrongly dating 14 year olds.
      https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/woman-says-roy-moore-initiated-sexual-encounter-when-she-was-14-he-was-32/2017/11/09/1f495878-c293-11e7-afe9-4f60b5a6c4a0_story.html

DJT campaign had numerous interactions with the Russians. The Democrats also paid a British citizen who was doing operation research on what the Russians had on DJT as did a Republican donor to Marco Rubio’s campaign.

• Curious

WaPo!!! LOL!!!!

• William – SF

Leigh Corfman doesn’t think it’s funny.

“I wanted it over with — I wanted out,” she remembers thinking. “Please just get this over with. Whatever this is, just get it over.”

• Curious

Neither do all of Bill’s sexual assault and rape victims who were then attacked and humiliated by Hillary.

• RuMADorRuREALLYmad

I agree with most of what you wrote. Confused about your second to last statement.

• Curious

I believe the investigation is uncovering collaboration between Hillary and the Russians. Nothing so far about Trump.

• RuMADorRuREALLYmad

I haven’t seen anything regarding that – link?

• Curious

“a claim Brazile later withdrew”

Absolutely false.

• EIDALM

The catastrophic loss of the democratic party in the 2016 election was due corruption and stupidity of the party leaders, the blame should be shared by them all including Hilary Clinton , Debbie Wassermann Schultz, Nancy Pelosi, and many others including Donna Brazile, Their total stupidity and unprofessional actions led to their great loss as well the election of a man who is totally unfit, Donald Trump to take the office of the president.

• EIDALM

The fact is both political parties, the Democratic, and the Republican have totally failed the American people, totally corrupted and became a pawn of big money from the billionaires, Wall Street, the military industrial complex, and multinational corporations, where all rules and regulations, were near all gutted out, which gave free hand to those organizations to rob the American people out of their assets, jobs, savings, as well as civil liberties which totally destroyed the great American middle class, sending most Americans to extreme poverty and homelessness……

• Sandy Bulman

“The process was not rigged,” Brazile told Geist.

GEIST: Was it a fair fight, yes or no?

BRAZILE: I believe it was a fair fight because ultimately the voters decided.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/11/08/donna-brazile-is-walking-back-her-claim-that-the-democratic-primary-was-rigged/

• Curious

After her life was threatened.

• Sandy Bulman

And from Elizabeth Warren:
    “I agree with what Donna Brazile has said over the last few days; that while there was some bias at the DNC, the overall 2016 primary process was fair and Hillary made history,” Warren said in a Wednesday interview with MassLive.

• Curious

The facts say otherwise.

• Noelle

I really think the Dems need to move on from this controversy if they want to win future elections.

• Noelle

after hearing her response, I wonder if the rank-and-file know about this reconciliation, or is it the media and Trumpites who want to fan the flames?

• Steve

Can you please ask Ms Brazile to clarify the following. The JFA specified that “Hillary would control the party’s finances, strategy, and all the money raised.Her campaign had the right of refusal of who would be the party communications director, and it would make final decisions on all the other staff. The DNC also was required to consult with the campaign about all other staffing, budgeting, data, analytics, and mailings.” and this was supposed to only be during the General Election cycle.

Can you 100% say that the Hilary campaign did none of these these during the Primary Election cycle?

• jakeleone

Look I voted for Bernie in the primary, I voted for Trump in the election, give me an active jobs presidential candidate and I will vote for them. We had a very slow recovery, and many people had been suffering at a time when the administration was pre-occupied with global climate and trade, and didn’t show enough concern for the working class of the country. Hillary was just an extension of that.

She was a dubious candidate even in the area of globalism, where we had seen numerous failures and despotic take backs (ex. Egypt).

• William – SF

Dude, President Obama and the Democrats took a cratering Republican economy with over 600,000 jobs disappearing a month to 200,000+ adding each month, unemployment over 10% down to 5%, a stock market in the 6 thousands to over 21 thousand, and corporate profits at historic highs, to name but a few. Bernie couldn’t win a primary.

• jakeleone

That’s right, Bush the 2nd caused the great Recession, we know this. I voted for Obama 2x. But, the second time I voted because Romney didn’t care about the middle class. And towards the end of Obama’s 2nd term, he appeared to be more worried about creating a legacy with bad trade deals and a Paris climate accord that would have allowed the world’s biggest green house polluter, China (2x more green house gas than the U.S.) a free pass until 2029. How absolutely insane.

• William – SF

Meanwhile, DJT, his EPA chief, and Republicans in Congress are resurrecting coal while China is closing down coal mines and China is increasing their renewable energy options.
          Ans: about as insane as voting for DJT over HRC.

• jakeleone

Well currently China produces 30+% of the world’s green house gas, the U.S. 15%. The U.S. green house gas production has dropped over the last 20 years. China’s is rapidly increasing. It is likely that China will end up producing more than 50% of the world’s green house gas, by 2029. That’s just the way it is going to pan out. That’s why China wanted a special deal.

The best way for the U.S. to cut green house gas emissions is with a strong middle class that can afford new, more efficient equipment. The opposite would have occured under the Paris climate accords. Hampering our economy is not the way to help cut U.S. green house gas production.

The best thing we can do is to continue to push vehicle MPG, improve solar/wind access. Improve battery technology. All of those things are going to require a strong economy, not a weak one.

• William – SF

Again, President Obama created and left a strong and growing economy.

Paris accords and strong middle class are unrelated.

Giving more people more of America’s wealth will do more to create a strong economy than giving $1.5+ trillion to the wealthy and very profitable corporations. It’s idiotic to transfer more of America’s wealth to the wealthy and corporations as a way to grow the economy, as any DJT supporter should know.

Also, compare carbon footprints and populations of each country, and note that China’s economy went from stagnate to rapidly growing in the last ~3 decades. One would expect China’s greenhouse gases to increase. Ditto India’s.

Don’t ignore DJT’s ignorant energy policy steps backwards.

• jakeleone

I think the data is clear, China produces 2x the Green House gas of the United States, yet has half the economy of the United States. It’s clear that by 2029, China will likely double (economically) and in the process emit more than 4x the Green House gas of the United States.

That’s insane.

It is very clear that the United States, with healthy and wealthy working middle class is going to meet if not exceed the goals of the Paris climate accords, why can China?

The answer is simply, China doesn’t wants to build a big heavy industrial output that can defeat us in any battle. They don’t really care about limiting their carbon foot-print, If they cared about Green House gas, they wouldn’t need a free pass to increase, without limit, their Green House emissions.

Obama was such a complete sucker on this, it was a ridiculous agreement, and he wanted in only to cement his legacy, which would have been 2nd-rate U.S. industrial power, while China cleans up in all the world’s market.

I am glad DJT saw this and I am sorry so many Bay Area residents don’t understand what was really happening with the Paris climate agreement.

Keep America’s working class strong (keep them employed, the market will raise salaries and wages) and counter with tougher energy efficiency requirements, that’s worked for the United States, we don’t need some phony climate agreement, that basically dooms the planet anyway, but gives certain countries (China, India) (that are going to be biggest contributers to Earth’s destruction, some kind of a free pass to play-dumb on what they have really done).

That strategy is proven to work the U.S. produces less Green House gas than we did, all the way back to the early nineties.

• William – SF

Blah, blah. Ignore what I write and double up on your ‘thinking’ just makes it redundantly wrong.

• Curious

With the Bureau of Economic Analysis reporting on Tuesday that real Gross Domestic Product grew at an estimated 1.6 percent in 2016, President Barack Obama remains the first president since the Great Depression not to see a single year with at least 3 percent growth in real GDP.

• William – SF

Dude, President Obama and the Democrats took a cratering Republican economy with over 600,000 jobs disappearing a month to 200,000+ adding each month, unemployment over 10% down to 5%, a stock market in the 6 thousands to over 21 thousand, and corporate profits at historic highs, to name but a few.

Resurrecting a national economy that is rapidly dying takes some time. And growth, clearly isn’t an indication of economic health. Look it up.

• Curious

Obama got a better economy from Bush than Reagan got from Carter. Reagan created massive economic growth. Obama was an unprecedented disaster.

• Noelle

I hate Reagan more than I hate Obama! I guess you forgot “voodoo economics”, the Laffer curve etc—Reagan’s economic growth was made to help the rich and now we’re really paying for it. Were you even alive in the 1980s?

• Curious

Bill Clinton and his cronies caused the recession.

• William – SF

President Clinton and Democrats in Congress left Republican George W Bush with a surplus and expanding economy. See elsewhere here what GWB passed to President Obama.

• Curious

That surplus nonsense has long been debunked. Clinton and his sidekick Bwany Frank caused the housing bubble.

• William – SF

That check I got in the mail from that surplus was very real.

You mean Senator Phil Gramm:

As chairman of the Senate Banking Committee from 1995 through 2000, Gramm was Washington’s most prominent and outspoken champion of financial deregulation. He played a leading role in writing and pushing through Congress the 1999 repeal of the Depression-era Glass-Steagall Act, which separated commercial banks from Wall Street. He also inserted a key provision into the 2000 Commodity Futures Modernization Act that exempted over-the-counter derivatives like credit-default swaps from regulation by the Commodity Futures Trading Commission.

• Curious

Time and time again, anyone reading the mainstream news or reading articles on the Internet will read the claim that President Clinton not only balanced the budget, but had a surplus. This is then used as an argument to further highlight the fiscal irresponsibility of the federal government under the Bush administration.

The claim is generally made that Clinton had a surplus of $69 billion in FY1998, $123 billion in FY1999 and $230 billion in FY2000 . In that same link, Clinton claimed that the national debt had been reduced by $360 billion in the last three years, presumably FY1998, FY1999, and FY2000–though, interestingly, $360 billion is not the sum of the alleged surpluses of the three years in question ($69B + $123B + $230B = $422B, not $360B).

While not defending the increase of the federal debt under President Bush, it’s curious to see Clinton’s record promoted as having generated a surplus. It never happened. There was never a surplus and the facts support that position. In fact, far from a $360 billion reduction in the national debt in FY1998-FY2000, there was an increase of $281 billion.

Verifying this is as simple as accessing the U.S. Treasury

As can clearly be seen, in no year did the national debt go down, nor did Clinton leave President Bush with a surplus that Bush subsequently turned into a deficit. Yes, the deficit was almost eliminated in FY2000 (ending in September 2000 with a deficit of “only” $17.9 billion), but it never reached zero–let alone a positive surplus number. And Clinton’s last budget proposal for FY2001, which ended in September 2001, generated a $133.29 billion deficit. The growing deficits started in the year of the last Clinton budget, not in the first year of the Bush administration.

http://www.craigsteiner.us/articles/16

• William – SF

Now that’s some funny stuff!

• William – SF

Nonsense. More beating a dead … I love my puppy dog so not going there.

• Curious

Doubled the deficit. Record number of people on food stamps. Highest rate of poverty ever. Greatest number of people not in the workforce in over 30 years. Increased inequality. Screwed up healthcare. Great job, Barry!

• William – SF

DJT and Republicans in Congress, right now what to add more than $1,500,000,000,000 to the national debt to give the wealthy, and corporations tax cuts.

Republicans in Congress refused to pass any legislation to help the poor and address poverty in America.

Obamacare is more popular now than ever.

Yes, President Obama did a great job! Once the Republicans became the majority party in Congress they stopped the progress to make America better.

• Curious

Obamacare could never work and Obama knew it.

• William – SF

ACA is working and people love it!

• RuMADorRuREALLYmad

I mean, I would be mad too knowing the candidate I stan for wouldn’t have gotten that many votes if she was literally running against any other candidate.

Rich people who choose their party affiliation as Democrat are pissed that the system they built is failing, and that the most popular politician, Bernie Sanders showed them that the people are with him – an anti-establishment candidate.

• William – SF

HRC lost by 70,000 votes in 2-3 states. Bernie couldn’t even win a primary. Vast majority of Democrats are not “rich”.

• RuMADorRuREALLYmad

lmao – I love how you “IMWITHHER” Shills are as supportive of alternative facts as Trump Supporters. The DNC is in court admitting wrong doing. Donna Brazile admitted Hillary had full control of the DNC. Authority is not democracy. PERIOD!

• William – SF

I’m with the facts. DNC gets absolutely 0 that’s zero votes. The DNC has no, none, nadda authority over anyone’s vote.
            Bernie couldn’t even win a primary, it’s not funny, get over it.

• RuMADorRuREALLYmad

lord ur boring AND stupid

• William – SF

You have nothing meaningful to say.

• RuMADorRuREALLYmad

lmaooooooooo check the upvotes ho – literally hilarious you’ve had your profile as long as me and have NO upvotes. Because you have no brain you sheep

• William – SF

1147 being no upvotes? How’s the cognitive skills class going?

• Mark SF

Donna Brazile complains says that Clinton team rigged the 2016, yet she leak gave debate questions to Clinton in the primaries? Wasn’t she part of the problem?

Donna Brazile is totally not sorry for leaking CNN debate questions to Hillary Clinton

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/11/07/donna-brazile-is-totally-not-sorry-for-leaking-cnn-debate-questions-to-hillary-clinton/?utm_term=.40537e25ad8e

• William – SF

How does Ms Brazile not remember that she gave Secretary of State Clinton questions to one of the debates?

• chriswinter

Maybe she had some of Alex Jones’s chili that morning?

But seriously, that bothers me too. Not that those questions, as I remember them, were anything that someone who was paying attention wouldn’t know would be asked.

• William – SF

And it seems really weird to give a polished politician help in this way. If I were HRC I think I would be insulted at the implication that I needed that kind of help. I really don’t understand the motivation to provide the questions and then forgetting about doing so. Both actions seem notable and even profound to me, hardly forgettable.

• Ben Rawner

How much does the reliance on big money donors effect the way the Democratic Party crafts public policy and internal management? Clinton seemed to rely on these large donations versus Bernie relied on small
    Donations. Since one donation equals one vote wouldn’t it make sense to go towards candidates who can get these small donations in large numbers?

• Mel

It’s St. Paul’s with the music, by the way.

How can you justify to your family members who have served passing those debate questions? She didn’t need them. Your dishonest actions made a difference. Thanks for the honest service you have given in the past.

I don’t trust you.

• Curious

Of course Hillary needed them. Huma Abadien is on record saying that Hillary was confused most of the time.

• Cheryl Ann Fulton

Thank you Donna Brazile for your courage, passion and commitment!

• aaydogan

Thanks for nothing. You are an example of a worst kind of corrupt American politician (found among all parties).

• Curious

That would be Hillary.

• Anna McHugh

Very hypocritical of Donna Brazil… I had to change the channel. Constantly reminding the listeners about her qualifications and experience. She made it look as “all about her”, not sure who’s ego is bigger? Also, her timing, her method of “addressing the open wound” and benefiting financially of her “healing the party” approach, makes me question her “good intentions”.
      I was a supporter of Sanders.

• rellascout

Donna Brazile is a hypocrite because she is and has been a huge player in the DNC and is partially responsible for everything she is railing against. As others have pointed out she gave Hilary the debate questions. She is a huge part of the bias in the DNC. She allowed Clinton to fail. She helped her and the DNC fail now she is throwing blame around so she can sell a book. Same old same old from the DNC.

• Curious

I am not a big fan of Donna Brazile. The fact that she gave Hillary debate questions in advance of the debates is disgusting. But she is now being turned on by the left after decades of service because she is a woman and because she is black because she dared to tell the truth.

• William – SF

Nonsense.

• Curious

Simple facts.

• aaydogan

Denier of facts

• rellascout

No she is being turned on because she is a hypocrite that is throwing blame and shade in every direction she can so she can sell a book. It is self serving crap. It has nothing to do with her color or her gender. It has to do with her failing the party as a 2 time DNC chair, Presidential campaign manager and delegate at all levels. It has everything with her airing dirty laundry in order to sell a book.

• Curious

Are you talking about Hillary?

• Anna McHugh

You seem to be repeating yourself with no context

• Curious

Barry left the DNC the same way he left the country – broke and in disarray.

• William – SF

Dude, President Obama and the Democrats took a cratering Republican economy with over 600,000 jobs disappearing a month to 200,000+ adding each month, unemployment over 10% down to 5%, a stock market in the 6 thousands to over 21 thousand, and corporate profits at historic highs, to name but a few.

• Curious

Barry doubled the deficit. Record number of people on food stamps. Highest rate of poverty ever. Greatest number of people not in the workforce in over 30 years. Increased inequality. Screwed up healthcare. Great job, Barry!

• William – SF

See reply elsewhere. …Geez my friend, we could do this all day but that would be silly.

• Curious

I agree that we agree to disagree.

• William – SF

Agreed. 🙂

• Ehkzu

There is no penetrating the Republican cult’s alt-universe. 81% of Republican voters think Trump is doing a great job and would vote for him again. They voter for Trump-loving Republican candidates in Virginia in record numbers. They were only defeated by Democrats coming out and voting in even greater record numbers. If they can’t see that Trump is a con artist with neither the emotional nor intellectual ability to be President, and continue to revile President Obama, we just need to focus on getting out our vote.

• William – SF

Curious doesn’t consider DJT ‘his guy’. You could ask him if he considers himself Alt anything. I’ll not demonize him. I will offer responses when compelled.

Yes, Democrats have a chance if they get out the votes.

• Noelle

Most people have not seen their wages go up in 30 years, but the rich are doing better, they say hey look at record stock market highs. It’s more than Obama’s fault, it’s GW Bush, it’s Bill Clinton too. I blame Ronald Reagan mostly.

• Ehkzu

Racists always refer to black men by their first name only, and if possible by a nickname, in order to diminish them. This is especially needed when the black man in question is the intellectual and moral superior of most Republican men.

• Curious

Yes, you’ve made this hoary old comment about a million times. the race card is really your only refuge.

• rellascout

I can’t listen to this anymore. Switching stations. There is no way this lady can still be trying to take the high road.

• Curious

Hillary is on???

• Noelle

YES voter suppression is the real problem.

• Curious

Never been a single example of someone being prevented from voting. The rest of the world laughs at us that we do not require an ID to vote.

• Noelle

see Greg Palast’s reporting. Purging of voter rolls.

• Curious

Fact remains.

• Red Shift

Your “fact” remains an unabashed fiction.

Try your line on the miles-long lines of people waiting long hours in vain to vote in Ohio in 2000, as s particularly egregious example, well documented and beyond argument.

Tom Delay. Ken Blackwell.

Check and mate.

• Mel

Thanks for the distinctions around those CNN debate questions. You need to be writing op-eds and making your actions and the context very clear.

Question: Is Bernie Sanders a Democrat?

• Red Shift

Sanders defines himself as a Democratic Socialist, who “caucuses with the Senate Democrats”.
      It’s an interesting question though, given his recent attempts to reform the DNC’s leadership and committees. An effort that appears to be failing miserably so far.

• RuMADorRuREALLYmad

its almost like the Democrats don’t believe in Democracy.

• William – SF

Nonsense. Why do Republicans only believe in supporting their rich donors and themselves, RE: current tax plan?

• SteveS

Everyone should read (or listen to an interview about) the book “Ratf*cked” by David Daley about Operation REDMAP, the well-organized GOP scheme that resulted in Republican takeovers of state legislatures in 2010, a census year, which allowed them to then gerrymander the new districts required by the census. This means that the 2020 census year election is key, and the focus has to be on STATE legislatures, because that is where the redistricting will be done. Otherwise, Democrats have almost no chance of ever taking the House back, unless the Supreme Court declares politically-based gerrymandering unconstitutional (which is currently being decided).

• Ehkzu

The most important point made in this comment thread. And while we try to overcome the Republicans’ ruthless program of minority rule, they and the Russians will do everythng they can to divide Democrats, get the Bernie Bros to throw away their votes or stay home, and play every variant of “Look! Squirrel!” on us, fueled by the billions of the billionaire oligarchs bent on getting and keeping “their” tax cuts, without regard to the good of the nation.

• Anna McHugh

Very hypocritical of Donna Brazil… I had to change the channel. Constantly reminding the listeners about her qualifications and experience. She made it look as “all about her”, not sure who’s ego is bigger? Also, her timing, her method of “addressing the open wound” and benefiting financially of her “healing the party” approach, makes me question her “good intentions”.
    I was a supporter of Sanders.

• Ehkzu

People can be wrong about themselves and still right about others. Brazile has a chip on her shoulder, but her account of how the Clinton campaign pooh-bahs treated her patronizingly–and, in the genius of hindsight, wrongly…rings true. And I say this as someone who voted for Clinton in both the primary and the election, and would do so again.

And if you had heard her out you would hear her plausible explanation about the debate questions. I said “plausible” not “true” because I have and you have no way of knowing what’s actually true in this instance. I will add, however, that Clinton has always been a formidable debater who has never needed the “help” that the Russian-Republican propaganda operation claimed Brazile gave her.

Your guy lost because mainstdream Democrats like me noticed that his wonderful policy proposals weren’t connected to any way to make them come true. Pretty promises without a realistic infrastructure are like cotton candy–very tasty but empty calories.

• Anna McHugh

I don’t disagree with any of your comments. I voted for Hilary in the presidential campaign, and I recognize Sanders should have stepped aside sooner.

• jdoubleu

Great interview and dialog. Scott did a stellar job. Ms Brazile says it was Podesta’s email (CNN questions) that were hacked, (not hers), and HE only shared those with HRC. Does Ms Brazile have her “sent” email (to ALL candidates) with the questions? If not, she is a liar. If she has them, why didn’t she release them? If she has that email, CNN never should have fired her. Based on HRC’s actions in the past 367 days, I’m glad she didn’t win. She’s the worst ‘poor loser’ I’ve seen in a lifetime. The level of corruption in politics, in the DNC, etc., is alarming. If Russia did get involved, their actions will make this DEMOCRACY better in the long-term. We will survive Trump, then Pence. I won’t be voting for Gavin or Kamala, so the DNC needs to find new, non corrupt candidates, stat.

• Ehkzu

Bernie bro’s often sound like this…continuing to be wholly unconscious of how their near-crazed animosity towards Clinton has been carefully nurtured by the Russian-Republican Joint Propaganda TaskForce.
      Our common enemy is adtroit at the “Look! Squirrel!” ploy.

• jdoubleu

I’ve met Bill, Hillary, Al Gore, GHWB and Gerald Ford. Within seconds, I could not stand HRC; I watched her disturbing interactions with children and people who had “nothing to offer her.” I cannot say that about any of the others. Even knowing of Bill’s sordid past, he was likable and present, and truly listened to each person he met…and I can see why people continue to give him a “pass.” She needs to disappear if she really wants the DNC to heal. It’s all about Hillary, so she won’t.

• RuMADorRuREALLYmad

Hillary Hoe’s often sound like above. Super predators, gay marriage, 3 strikes rule, maximum sentencing, welfare reform, single payer – Oh, and being a feminist icon, Bill much?

You might want to not disregard the facts that all of us who are old enough to remember are well aware of.

• Red Shift

> “Ms Brazile says it was Podesta’s email (CNN questions) that were hacked, (not hers), and HE only shared those with HRC. Does Ms Brazile have her “sent” email (to ALL candidates) with the questions? If not, she is a liar. If she has them, why didn’t she release them? If she has that email, CNN never should have fired her. ”

She claimed in this interview that, quote1: Wikileaks destroyed my DNC account.”

Seriously.

• Ehkzu

Many of these commenters–Right and Left–don’t appear to have been listening to the actual program. For example, Brazile says she gave both candidates a heads up about the topics they should be prepared to discuss. Clinton didn’t need the questions–like her or not, she’s as prepared to discuss political issues as Obama–both know their stuff backwards and forwards. As Clinton demonstrated when that bogus Republican “committee” grilled her hour after hour over Benghazi and she answered everything in detail. She was the most prepared to actually do the job of anyone who has run for President in many decades.

What she isn’t up to speed on is technology–like nearly all politicians on both sides of the aisle, to be honest. But that wasn’t involved in these debates. No one asked “How is Russia helping the Trump campaign?” That would have certainly been an interesting question to answer.

The “gave questions to” meme continues to be effective in feeding left wing conspiracy theorizing about why their guy lost–thus letting them avoid confonting the fact that his rainbows and unicorns proposals were not accompanied by any way to make them actually happen. His promises were as empty as Trump’s, just not racist, xenophobic, unpatriotic and science-phobic…like Trump’s.

• Red Shift

May I just say what an absolute pleasure it was to listen to Scott Shafer’s respectful yet penetrating interview. Real journalism… wow. It’s almost embarrassing to realize how jarring it is that this stands out so far from the typical soft-shoe that passes for political coverage these days.
    Extremely well done, Scott and KQED/Forum. This is precisely what the electorate desperately needs from a dedicated free press. Thanks for setting a terrific example. More… *please* !!

• Red Shift

As to the particulars of Ms Brazile’s post-mortem, and the ongoing self-inflicted gaslighting from the HRC camp, it is well-worth noting the decisive victory of Lee Carter (Dem Socialist) to the Virginia House last week.
    This is precisely the blueprint that the HRC/DNC majority eschewed in favor of a patronage nominee. (Ironic choice of words intended.)
    If the party can’t see its way clear to actively listen to their members, (let alone reflect their will), then they cease to become truly representative and will inevitably be replaced. If not by a competitive “third” party, then by the opposing party, as the election of DJT clearly demonstrated, on both sides of the fence.

Sponsored by

Become a KQED sponsor