In this hour, Forum’s longtime host Michael Krasny finds himself on the other side of the microphone. His new book, “Let There Be Laughter,” celebrates and analyzes Jewish humor — its history, its cultural revelations, and of course, its jokes. Krasny, a collector of Jewish jokes, explores what makes Jewish humor so distinct. We’ll talk to Krasny about his latest book and hear stories from his 20-plus years as Forum’s host.
Michael Krasny’s Book Events:
- 10-5 at the Commonwealth Club at 6:30 p.m.
- 10-8 at Foreign Cinema Modernism West at 6 p.m.
- 10-9 at the Oshman Family Jewish Community Center at 5:30 p.m.
- 10-15 at the Unchartered Ideas Festival at 3:15 p.m.
- 10-17 appearance with Mary Roach interviewing 5701 Thornhill Drive in Oakland at 7 p.m.
- 10-22 at National Kidney Foundation Literary Luncheon
- 10-24 at City Arts & Lectures with Calvin Trillin at 7:30 p.m.
- 10-26 at Congregation B’nai Shalom in Walnut Creek at 7:30 p.m.
- 10-28 NEIBA Trade Show at 5:45 p.m.
- 11-1 Stanford Cubberly Auditorium 8:00 p.m.
- 11-2 Copperfield’s Santa Rosa Montgomery Village
- 11-18 Avid Reader Sacramento Tower Bookstore 7 p.m.
- 12-1 Marin JCC 7:30 PM
Michael Krasny, host, Forum; professor of English, San Francisco State University: author, "Let There Be Laughter: A Treasury of Great Jewish Humor and What It All Means"