KerryIranNegot

With the Nov. 24 deadline to reach a deal on Iran’s nuclear program fast approaching, deep differences remain between Iranian and Western negotiators. Iran’s foreign minister on Tuesday said the U.S. and its allies are making “excessive demands” in this last round of negotiations where sticking points such as Iran’s uranium enrichment capacity and the speed of lifting sanctions have yet to be ironed out. What’s the likelihood of Iran reaching a deal with the group of six nations, which includes the U.S.?

Guests:
Abbas Milani, director of the Hamid and Christina Moghadam Program in Iranian Studies at Stanford University and author of books including "The Shah"
Shibley Telhami, Anwar Sadat professor for peace and development at the University of Maryland and senior fellow at the Center for Middle East Policy at the Brookings Institution

• Sean Dennehy

Why shouldn’t Iran get a nuclear weapon?

• ES Trader

Would you have allowed Charlie Manson to take knife wielding lessons as a child or permit toy makers to produce life-like toy weapons ?

• Sean Dennehy

This comment doesn’t even make sense.

• boso bohso bosso Bozo

prolly doesn’t make sense cuz you’re an argumentative troll and a sociopath

• ES Trader

takes a bit of intelligence to understand analogies, sorry i’ll try and DUMB it down next time

• Sean Dennehy

lol

• ES Trader

sense of humor is healthy and always inclusive

• Chris OConnell

I hope there is an agreement. I would like to see a detente and normalization with Iran. When we sanction and isolate, it just entrenches the powers that be – in this case, the ayatollahs and Republican Guard.

• Another Mike

There’s already an “Islamic bomb” in the neighborhood. Are other nations somehow comfortable with the government of Pakistan controlling nuclear weapons?

• ES Trader

“Trust but verify”… St R.R.R.

In this case verify they are no longer enemies, which has not proven possible especially with the rhetoric that still is espoused from Iran

• ES Trader

Why shouldn’t Iran have nukes ?!

Iran and the Muslim world in general has not demonstrated any characteristics of a civilized society in a global society.Why risk another Pakistan, Korea or further endanger Israel.

• Another Mike

Israel had no trouble supplying arms to post-revolutionary Iran as part of the Iran-Contra deal, 30 years ago. I wonder when they started to fear Iran.

Sponsored by

Become a KQED sponsor