Player Sponsored By
upper waypoint

Back on the Market: What Online Dating Reveals About Economics

at
Save ArticleSave Article
Failed to save article

Please try again

(Getty Images)

After his 20-year marriage ended in divorce, Stanford economics professor Paul Oyer decided to try online dating. His economic sensibilities helped him navigate the plethora of online profiles and understand trends in dating preferences. In the process, he found that the online dating “market” offers a useful case study for teaching economics to novices. Oyer joins us to talk about his new book, “Everything I Ever Needed to Know About Economics I Learned From Online Dating.”

Guests:

Paul Oyer, professor of economics at the Stanford Graduate School of Business and author of "Everything I Ever Needed to Know about Economics I Learned from Online Dating"

Sponsored

lower waypoint
next waypoint
are u addicted to ur phoneJosé Vadi’s “Chipped” Looks at Life from a Skateboarder’s Lens‘The Notorious PhD’ on How Hip Hop Made AmericaSan Francisco Voters Face a Crowded and Contentious Mayor’s RaceWho Is Responsible For One of the Largest Internet Hacks Ever?So You Want to Be a DJ?RFK’s a Spoiler – But for Which Party?Legendary Stanford Women’s Basketball Coach Tara VanDerveer Announces RetirementWhy Trees Contain MultitudesDoing Democracy: Should America Adopt a Parliamentary System of Government?