Player Sponsored By
upper waypoint

Filmmaker William Friedkin

at
Save ArticleSave Article
Failed to save article

Please try again

(Francois Durand/Getty Images)

Academy Award-winning filmmaker William Friedkin reached the Hollywood stratosphere in the 1970s with such groundbreaking films as “The French Connection” and “The Exorcist.” But the success was not to last. As he writes in his new memoir, “I was at the edge of a cliff and my demons were standing by waiting to push me off.” Today, Friedkin is still directing films — including 2011’s well-received “Killer Joe” — and has even developed a second career as an opera director. He joins us in studio to discuss his new memoir, “The Friedkin Connection.”

Guests:

William Friedkin, film director, producer and screenwriter; and author of "The Friedkin Connection: A Memoir"

Sponsored

lower waypoint
next waypoint
First Trump Criminal Trial Underway in New YorkThe Beauty in Finding ‘Other People’s Words’ in Your OwnWhat the 99 Cents Only Stores Closure Means to CaliforniansBay Area Diaspora Closely Watching India’s Upcoming Electionare u addicted to ur phoneJosé Vadi’s “Chipped” Looks at Life from a Skateboarder’s Lens‘The Notorious PhD’ on How Hip Hop Made AmericaSan Francisco Voters Face a Crowded and Contentious Mayor’s RaceWho Is Responsible For One of the Largest Internet Hacks Ever?So You Want to Be a DJ?