Kenneth Branagh

Acclaimed actor and director Kenneth Branagh is the recipient of the Founder’s Directing Award at this year’s San Francisco International Film Festival. The five-time Oscar nominee joins us in studio to discuss his career on stage and screen.

Branagh’s films include “Dead Again,” “Henry V” and Mary Shelley’s “Frankenstein.” He was nominated for a 2012 Academy Award for his performance as Sir Laurence Olivier in “My Week with Marilyn.”

Guests:
Kenneth Branagh, actor and director

• Tom in Oakland

It’s really hard to ascribe any credibility to Congress in matters as technical and philosophical as Privacy and Freedom on the Internet. That body continually demonstrates its collective unwillingness to exhibit deep knowledge or even very much common sense. This is an area where historical success was achieved by the quasi-anarchy of aggregations of interested parties. It’s going to take more than demagoguery to continue that success.

• TheyMightBeGiants

Oops…wrong program…!

• Ken

What does Mr. B. think about the new Shakespeare recordings using what is supposed to be more accurate phonetically?   Did he participate in the recordings?

• Constantine

I admire Mr. Branagh for his versatility in his roles from Henry the Fifth to the mad professor in Wild Wild West. What did he do to acquire funding for his first film? 

• Noellegillies

In 1984 I was a twenty year old college student in England and was fortunate
    To see your guest play Henry V and I have been a f an ever since.

• Sabina Alistar

What projects are in store for the future? Thank you for your wonderful work!

• Ecokeeffe

I would love to see a Branagh directed King Lear!

• A wonderful interview of a generous man. So great to hear him say he would show up in person at the school that celebrates Shakespeare’s birthday!

Sponsored by

Become a KQED sponsor