KQED appreciates teachers every day. Here are a few of the many reasons why we love teachers.

1. We love teachers because they are always innovating.
      When teachers struggle with a lesson plan that isn’t working, they figure out how to make it better. Through creativity and love of learning new skills, teachers continually transform their assignments so that students engage more deeply with the content.

2. We love teachers because they teach topics that matter to students.
      By using tools that encourage students to discuss and investigate issues meaningful to them, teachers empower students to take charge of their own learning.

3. We love teachers because they encourage their students to solve real-world problems.
      The teacher’s involvement in creating student-led Above the Noise episodes have been pivotal in supporting their student’s learning and growth. They are powerful advocates for elevating student voices to report on issues and topics that affect their students.

4. We love teachers because they never stop growing.
      Teachers constantly strive to be better at what they do. They push themselves to expand their expertise and gain new skills to help their students thrive in today’s digital age.

5. We love teachers because they elevate youth voice.
      Without teachers the annual Youth Takeover of KQED would be impossible. They are our co-producers, our student coordinators and instrumental in elevating youth voice. They go above and beyond their daily jobs to support their students. What would we do without them?

So, thank you, teachers! For everything that you do. You make this world a better place.

5 Reasons Why KQED Loves Teachers 1 May,2019Janelle Kim

Author

Janelle Kim

Janelle Kim is the Engagement Specialist at KQED. She coordinates all aspects of KQED’s educational conference and event participation. She also manages KQED’s Media Literacy Innovator Program, a cohort of teacher leaders who utilize KQED Education’s resources and champion media literacy education in their schools, districts and communities. Prior to KQED, Janelle has held event and community management roles at HarperCollins Publishers and SCS Global Services, an environmental sustainability certification body.

Sponsored by

Become a KQED sponsor