Way better than a bottle of fruit punch, this fizzy sweet-tart welcoming drink is made with tangy cranberry juice, fizzy blood orange soda, and pureed frozen strawberries, which add sweetness and texture. Pour it into a large footed glass bowl or even a trifle dish and top it off with sparkling water and plenty of ice.
If you are feeling extra ghoulish, and for an adults-only Halloween bash, add 16 fl oz of vodka or gin to the mix.
Decorate your big bowl of fruit blood-punch with a small block of dry ice (if you can find it), which will cause your punch to look eerily fiendish. Plastic spider rings, gummy worms, or other terrifying creatures of the night can be used to decorate the rims of the bowl and the surrounding table.
Don’t forget to put out plenty of cups and a ladle!
“Bloody” Halloween Party Punch
Makes about 2 1/2 quarts of punch
- 1 10-oz bag frozen strawberries
- 1 32-fl oz bottle cranberry juice, chilled
- 1 25-fl oz bottle blood orange soda, chilled
- About 12 fl oz sparkling water or to taste, chilled
- Ice cubes
- In a blender, blend together the strawberries with the cranberry juice until smooth.
- Pour into a punch bowl. Add the orange soda and sparkling water, stir gently to mix.
- Add the ice cubes and garnish the bowl with terrifying creatures of the night. Serve.