UPDATE: This contest is now closed. Congratulations to our winners Ali Fadakar, Grace Kim and Laura Klemme, and thank you to everyone who entered!
Win free tickets to a special theatrical screening of Masterpiece’ Sherlock: The Abominable Bride in the New Year! (No detective skills required.)
We at KQED couldn’t be more excited about the long-awaited Sherlock: The Abominable Bride special from Masterpiece and PBS — starring Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman — premiering on KQED Plus and online on New Year’s Day. What’s more, this 90-minute special, set in Victorian London, is also screening in movie theaters around the Bay Area for two nights only.
But the best part, Sherlock fans? We’re offering you and a friend the chance to attend a screening in San Francisco on January 5 — for free!
We have three pairs of tickets to be won, and we’re not even requiring any Sherlock-style sleuthing skills from you. Just repost this Sherlock: The Abominable Bride image to Twitter, Instagram or KQED’s Facebook Page Timeline with the words “I want to see Sherlock in SF!” and the hashtag #SherlockGiveawayKQED:
We’ll collect all entries that use the hashtag and choose three lucky winners at random, who’ll receive a pair of tickets to watch Sherlock: The Abominable Bride on January 5 at AMC Van Ness 16 in San Francisco.
Step-by-step instructions for entering:
- Save the photo of Sherlock and Watson above (it’s also here)
- Upload it to Twitter or Instagram or post it directly onto KQED’s Facebook Pagewith the words “I want to see Sherlock in SF!” with the hashtag #SherlockGiveawayKQED:
- That’s it. You’ve got until midnight on Monday, December 14, 2015 to enter.
The Rules (Short Version)
- The contest will end at 11.59 pm on Monday, December 14, 2015. You must enter by this deadline with your photo and caption uploaded.
- The winner will be announced on KQED’s Facebook Page, Twitter account and Instagram account on Tuesday, December 15, 2015
- You can only enter once, whether it’s by Twitter, Instagram or Facebook.
- The winners will be chosen at random, and will each win a pair of tickets for the Sherlock: The Abominable Bride screening on January 5, 2016 at 7:30 pm at at AMC Van Ness 16 in San Francisco. (total value: $30 per pair.)
- You must be a California resident and 18 years or older to participate, and employees of KQED are not eligible to enter.
- This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter, Instagram or Facebook and by entering you release Twitter, Instagram and Facebook from any and all liability associated with this contest.
- Winner will be contacted via his or her method of entry.