At our Check, Please! Bay Area’s Taste & Sip event, three (3) winners will be selected via random drawing to win one of the following:
- European Sleep Works Mattress system comprised of mattress and flexible slat system (valued at $3,000)
- Travel certificate for one round trip ticket for two persons to Norway from Oakland International Airport (valued at $2,000)
- Travel certificate for one round trip ticket for two persons to Hawaii from Oakland International Airport (valued at $2,000)
Register for Check, Please! Bay Area “Taste and Sip” 10th Anniversary European Sleep Works & Oakland International Airport Drawing in person at KQED’s Check, Please! Bay Area “Taste and Sip” celebration on Tuesday, June 2, 2015 or online between May 29, 2015 and June 2, 2015 at 7:45 pm PST. Here:
Here are the rules:
- The drawings will be held Tuesday, June 2, 2015 at approximately 7:50 pm PST.
- Three (3) winners will be selected via random drawing to win one of the following*:
- The selected winners must have properly completed all necessary steps for the drawing and must opt in to receive marketing emails from Oakland International Airport, Norwegian Airlines and Hawaiian Airlines.
- You must be 18 years or older to participate. Employees of KQED are not eligible to enter.
- One entry per household.
- This drawing is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with The San Francisco Design Center Galleria and by entering you release The San Francisco Design Center Galleria from all liability associated with this contest.
a) European Sleep Works Mattress system comprised of mattress and flexible slat system (valued at $3,000)
b) Travel certificate for one round trip ticket for two persons to Norway from Oakland International Airport (valued at $2,000)
c) Travel certificate for one round trip ticket for two persons to Hawaii from Oakland International Airport (valued at $2,000)
*See Official Rules below for restrictions on prizes.
PARTICIPATION IN THE RANDOM DRAWING CONSTITUTES YOUR AGREEMENT TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES. Individuals who participate in the Random Drawing or submit an entry are sometimes referred to herein as an “Entrant.”
1. SPONSOR: KQED, Inc. 2601 Mariposa Street, San Francisco, CA 94110 (“Sponsor”)
2. ELIGIBILITY: Random Drawing is open only to individuals who are, (a) at least eighteen (18) years of age, and (b) who are, as of the beginning of the Entry Period (as defined below), legal residents of the state of California, U.S.A., and (c) who opt in to receive marketing emails from Oakland International Airport, Norwegian Airlines and Hawaiian Airlines. Employees, officers, directors and agents and their immediate families (regardless of where they live), or members of the same households (whether related or not) of KQED and its affiliates and promotion agencies (collectively, the “Random Drawing Providers”), and any other persons involved with this promotion, are not eligible to participate in the Random Drawing or to win any prize. VOID OUTSIDE OF CALIFORNIA AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
3. HOW TO ENTER: The Drawing entry period begins on May 29, 2015 at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) and ends on June 2, 2015 at 7:45 p.m. PT (the “Entry Period”). You may enter by submitting your email address and checking the “Opt-In to emails” box as directed at http://ww2.kqed.org/about/2015/05/29/win-prizes-from-european-sleep-works-oakland-international-airport/ during the Entry Period or in person prior to 7:45 p.m. at the KQED Drawing Booth at the “Taste and Sip” 10th Anniversary celebration taking place at the San Francisco Design Center Galleria on June 2, 2015. Three winners will be randomly selected from all eligible entries received during the Entry Period.
You may enter only once during the Entry Period. Limit of one entry per person and per household, regardless of method of entry. Duplicate entries from the same e-mail address/household will be automatically eliminated. Where a dispute arises about who submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the holder of the e-mail account.
Sponsor reserves the right to verify eligibility of all Entrants. This Random Drawing is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, The San Francisco Design Center Galleria.
4. WINNER SELECTION, NOTIFICATION AND ODDS OF WINNING: Three (3) Entrants who properly complete all necessary steps for the Random Drawing (the “Prize Winners”) and three (3) alternates will be chosen at random in a drawing by Sponsor or its designee. The drawing will be held before midnight PST Tuesday, June 2nd. The three Prize Winners will be contacted in person or via email at the email address appearing on their entry (“Prize Notification”). To be confirmed a Prize Winner, you will be required to reply to the Prize Notification within three (3) business days with an acceptance of these legal rules and return a signed publicity release which will be sent to you with the Prize Notification email. If the Prize is not claimed within three (3) business days then the Prize will be deemed forfeited and the Prize will be awarded to the alternate selected in the relevant Random Drawing. If the alternate fails to timely respond to a Prize Notification within three (3) business days, the Prize will not be awarded.
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Entrants who participate, and are equal regardless of method of entry.
5. PRIZE: The winners of the Random Drawing (each, a “Prize Winner”) will each be awarded one Prize (“Prize”). The Prizes listed below will be awarded to the Prize Winners in the order their name is drawn (i.e. the first name drawn will be awarded Prize a):
a) European Sleep Works Mattress Drawing: A complete European Sleep Works natural mattress system (comprised of a mattress and flexible slat system) in any size, model or firmness to be custom fit at the European Sleep Works Berkeley store and to be delivered anywhere in the Bay Area. Includes removal and disposal of the old set. (value: $3,000.00).
Restrictions: Delivery in the Bay Area only. Excludes furniture, finished wooden frames, and bedding.
b) Norwegian Airline Ticket Drawing: Travel certificate valid for one (1) round trip ticket for two (2) persons from Oakland International Airport. Travel Certificate is valid for 12 months from date of issue; the person you choose to travel with must be on the same flights and dates as you; the certificate is valid for economy class with baggage, seating, and meal on board included; the certificate is only valid on Norwegian’s direct routes, point-to-point and only on Norwegian operated flights; the certificate is not valid for travel during public holidays like Christmas, New Year, and Easter, and other departure dates not yet determined; this travel certificate is non-transferable; reservation is needed at least four (4) months before departure; no changes can be made after confirmation; all travelers are responsible for appropriate travel documentation; other restrictions may apply. (value: $2,000.00).
c) Hawaiian Airline Ticket Drawing: Travel certificate valid for one (1) round trip ticket for two (2) persons from Oakland International Airport. You must have a HawaiianMiles account to redeem the Hawaiian Airlines HawaiianMiles Award Certificate. If you are not yet a HawaiianMiles member, you must enroll at HawaiianMiles.com. Travel Certificate is valid for 12 months from date of issue; the person you choose to travel with must be on the same flights and dates as you; the certificate is valid for economy class with baggage, seating, and meal on board included; the certificate is only valid on Hawaiian’s direct routes, point-to-point and only on Hawaiian operated flights; the certificate is not valid for travel during public holidays like Christmas, New Year, and Easter, and other departure dates not yet determined; this travel certificate is non-transferable; reservation is needed at least four (4) months before departure; no changes can be made after confirmation; all travelers are responsible for appropriate travel documentation; other restrictions may apply. (value: $2,000.00).
6. PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: The Prizes are nontransferable and nonexchangeable. No substitution or cash redemption of any Prize is permitted except that Sponsor retains the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater retail value (or at Sponsor’s election, the cash value of the Prize). All expenses not specifically identified as included in any Prize are the sole responsibility of the Prize Winner. The Prizes and all elements thereof, are subject to availability. The Prizes are awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including, without limitation any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose). Acceptance, participation in and/or use of any Prize is at Prize Winner’s sole risk and Sponsor is not responsible for any damages whatsoever including special, indirect, or consequential damages, arising out of or in connection with the use and/or misuse of the Prize.
Prize Winner will be solely responsible for all federal, state and local taxes and fees and other expenses associated with his/her Prize receipt and/or use that are not expressly included in the Prize description. The Prize Winner may be issued a 1099 tax form for the ARV of the Prize. Failure to take or complete any portion of the Prize does not relieve the Prize Winner of his/her tax obligations associated with winning the Prize.
8. GENERAL CONDITIONS: This Random Drawing is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. By participating, Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. Entrants waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Random Drawing or these Official Rules. All Entrants agree to follow the Official Rules. In consideration for being awarded a Prize, or any portion thereof, the Prize Winner hereby agrees and consents, without further authorization, compensation or remuneration of any kind, to the use of Prize Winner’s (and guest’s) name and/or likeness in any and all advertising, promotions and other publicity conducted by Sponsor, except where prohibited by law. Sponsor reserves the right to modify the scheduling of the Random Drawing without prior notification, and the right to make changes or additions to these Official Rules for any reason at any time. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
PRIZE WINNERS AND ALL ENTRANTS RELEASE, DISCHARGE, AND AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS, THE SPONSOR, RANDOM DRAWING ENTITIES, THE SAN FRANCISCO DESIGN CENTER GALERIA, NORWEGIAN AIRLINES, HAWAIIAN AIRLINES, EUROPEAN SLEEP WORKS, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE MANAGERS, MEMBERS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS AND REPRESENTATIVES FROM AND AGAINST ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES, INJURY OR LOSSES, TO ANY PERSON (INCLUDING DEATH), OR PROPERTY, OF ANY KIND RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE OR USE OF ANY PRIZE, ANY PORTION THEREOF OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY RANDOM DRAWING RELATED ACTIVITY OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS RANDOM DRAWING.
By entering this Random Drawing, the Entrant agrees to the following Statement:
I expressly understand that Section 1542 of the Civil Code of California provides substantially as follows: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM, MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS SETTLEMENT WITH DEBTOR.” The provisions of this Section 1542 of the Civil Code of California and any similar law of any state, territory, or other jurisdiction are hereby expressly waived.
9. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: The Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, undeliverable, destroyed, and/or lost, late, misdirected, undeliverable or incomplete entries due to system errors or failures, or faulty transmissions and/or entries not received resulting from any hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete or garbled computer or telephone transmissions, or for any problems or technical malfunction(s) of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, or entries not received by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on computer networks, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in the Random Drawing or downloading any material for the Random Drawing, or other telecommunications malfunctions which may limit an entrant’s ability to participate. Sponsor may prohibit an Entrant from participating in the Random Drawing or winning the Prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said Entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Random Drawing by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other Entrants or Sponsor representatives. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Random Drawing is a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. If for any reason this Random Drawing is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Random Drawing, then Sponsor reserves its right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Random Drawing.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, in no event will KQED be responsible or otherwise liable for any damages or losses of any kind, including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages related to the Random Drawing, including any access to or use of the website or any downloading from or printing material from the website. Everything on the website is provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. Some jurisdictions may not allow limitations or exclusions of liability for incidental or consequential damages or exclusion of implied warranties so some of the above limitations or exclusions may not apply. Winners agree that all prizes are provided “as is” without any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, whether now known or hereinafter enacted, relative to the use or enjoyment of the prize, including, without limitation, its quality, merchantability, or fitness for a particular purpose. Further, no responsibilities are accepted for any additional expenses, omissions, delays, or re-routing resulting from any acts of any government or authority.
10. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, as a condition of participating in this Random Drawing, each Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Random Drawing or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate state or federal court located in San Francisco, California; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards on behalf of Entrant shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, if any, including costs associated with entering this Random Drawing, but in no event attorneys’ fees, and in no event to exceed two hundred fifty dollars ($250); and (iii) under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased; and (iv) this Random Drawing and any dispute arising under or related thereto (whether for breach of contract, tortious conduct or otherwise) will be governed by the internal laws of the State of California without giving effect to its conflicts of law or choice of law principles or rules that would cause the application of any other state’s laws.
(a) Dates and Deadlines: Because of the unique nature and scope of the Random Drawing, the Random Drawing Provider reserves the right, in addition to those other rights reserved herein, to modify any date(s) or deadline(s) set forth in these Official Rules or otherwise governing the Random Drawing.
(c) Prize Winner: For the name of the Prize Winners, send a self -addressed stamped envelope after June 30, 2015 to: Winners List, “CPBA Taste and Sip Drawing” c/o Ana Karina Quiroz Correia, KQED, 2601 Mariposa St., San Francisco, California 94110. Requests for Winners List must be received by July 31, 2015.