UPDATE: JUST EXTENDED THROUGH MAY 13!
Enter our #CheckPleaseContest selfie challenge to celebrate the 10th season of KQED 9’s restaurant review show Check, Please! Bay Area — and you could win a luxurious fully-paid dinner with host Leslie at M.Y. China!
All you’ve got to do is visit just one of the many restaurants featured on Check, Please! Bay Area, and snap a selfie of you (and perhaps your pals, too) imitating the famous “cheers!” with which Leslie and guests conclude every episode. Then upload the selfie to Twitter, Instagram or the Check, Please! Bay Area Facebook Page with hashtag #CheckPleaseContest!
The best part: the most entertaining, creative #CheckPleaseContest selfie, chosen by Leslie herself, will win its creator and a lucky friend a fully-paid dinner with wine in the company of our sparkling host at San Francisco’s M. Y. China, the acclaimed restaurant home to James Beard Award-winning chef Martin Yan.
So, one more time…
- Visit one of these Check, Please! Bay Area restaurants (you can see the full list here)
- Raise your glass and snap your “cheers” selfie
- Upload it to Instagram or Twitter or post it directly to the Check, Please! Bay Area Facebook Page — but however you do it, use the hashtag #CheckPleaseContest and the restaurant’s name!
You’ve got until midnight on Wednesday, May 13, 2015
Wednesday, April 29, 2015 to upload your photo, so get out there and get “cheers”-ing, Check, Please! fans…
The Rules (Short Version)
- The contest will end at 11.59pm on Wednesday, May 13 2015
Wednesday, April 29, 2015, by which time your photo must be uploaded.
- The winner will be announced on KQED.org/checkplease on Friday, May 22 2015
Friday, May 8, 2015.
- You can only enter once, whether it’s by Twitter, Instagram or Facebook.
- KQED’s Marketing and Communications staff will choose the top ten best photos on this criteria:
1. Creativity and photo quality (50%)
2. All entry instructions were followed (50%)
The best photo will be selected by Leslie Sbrocco based on this same criteria. Leslie will also choose two runners up in case the winner doesn’t respond in a timely manner or elects not to receive the prize.
- The winner will win a complimentary dinner with wine included for two people and Leslie Sbrocco at M.Y. China at a mutually convenient date and time before October 1, 2015 (value: no more than $300.) No Friday or Saturday for dinner scheduling.
- You must be a California resident and 21 years or older to participate, and employees of KQED are not eligible to enter.
- This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter, Instagram or Facebook and by entering you release Twitter, Instagram and Facebook from any and all liability associated with this contest.
- Winner will be contacted via his or her method of entry.
- By uploading a photo for this contest, you agree that it may be posted to KQED’s website and included in marketing materials. You agree that you have obtained permission from everyone in your photo for it to be shared as part of the contest and in KQED’s marketing.