LATEST: South Bay location just announced for the third Party ticket draw on Saturday, January 24!
Lords and ladies! KQED, Downton Abbey’s home in the Bay Area, is holding a Downton Abbey Super Fan Party on the evening of Wednesday, February 25. And only the most committed fans will get to go.
The details for the party will be revealed to those who get one of the 100 tickets, but trust us! This will be quite a fête. Here is what we can tell you: The party will take place at a downtown San Francisco bar (which means 21+ only). There’ll be themed drinks, light hors d’oeuvres, great entertainment and special Downton Abbey-themed prizes. And each ticket allows two entrants, so you can bring a friend. Costumes are encouraged, of course!
So how do you get a ticket? Simple: for five weeks starting January 10, we’ll be holding a draw for 20 tickets each week. You can enter your name each Saturday at a particular location around the Bay Area. The five weekly locations will be San Francisco (Jan 10), Oakland (Jan 17), San Jose (Jan 24), San Mateo (Jan 31) and Sausalito (Feb 7), and each will be inspired by a different Downton Abbey character. Earlier every week, we’ll be revealing the exact location and the time that you can come to enter your name in the drawing for one of 20 tickets — and each ticket allows two entrants into the party.
Here’s what to do:
- Like KQED on Facebook or follow us on Twitter to get notifications and find out the locations for the drawing.
- For five consecutive Saturdays starting January 10, you will be able to find us during the four-hour window at a different location (time and place to be revealed) and enter your name in a drawing. Only one drawing entry per person.
- The drawing will be held from that day’s entries and up to 20 entrants will be rewarded with a ticket that allows two people to enter the Party. Only one ticket per winning entry. Each ticket is worth $100.
- If you are one of the lucky winners, you will be notified by email by the following Monday at 2pm. Once you confirm your acceptance of the ticket, the official ticket will be mailed to you.
- If you win, we encourage gloating by posting pictures of yourself with your ticket using the hashtag #DowntonSuperFan.
- You must be a California resident and 21 years of age to enter, and employees of KQED are not eligible to enter.