Apple will be making An Announcement this morning — yes, it’s a capital-letter event — at 10 a.m. PDT/1 p.m. EDT. The consensus among the Apple cognoscenti is that we’ll be seeing an updated version of the company’s iPhone 5 as well as a down-market (meaning: lower-cost) version of the smartphone.
Rumored improvements in the new iPhone include fingerprint authentication and a bigger screen.
In the meantime, here’s a quick rundown on what some in the global technology press are saying about the company’s announcement:
- CNET: What to expect from Apple at Tuesday’s special event (includes live blog beginning at 9 a.m. PDT/noon EDT).
- The New York Times: Luxury Brands Face Hazards When Testing Lower Costs
- TechCrunch: Live from Apple’s iPhone 5S announcement (live blog)
- Wired: It’s Apple’s Big Day: Get Ready for a Ton of New Stuff
- Cult of Mac: What to Expect from Apple’s September 10 iPhone Event
- AllThingsD: Coming Up: Apple Expands the iPhone Family at Cupertino Launch
Also: Some irreverent comment on the less expensive iPhone 5: