The Sacramento Bee has been holding a caption contest for this photo of Jerry Brown shooting a basketball, and 12 finalists have now been chosen.
Even though we missed the deadline, our entries:
- “Wow, Bob Dutton‘s head is a lot lighter than I thought.”
- “Watch me throw up another airball, just like my plan to balance the budget with tax extensions.”
- “Here comes my two-handed set shot, like I used to do it back in the ’40s.”
- “Hey kid, if you don’t want to hear me launch into a Linda Rondstadt medley, get the hell out of the way.”
- “This is the last basketball this school’s going to be able to afford for the next 50 years.”
- “If this photo op winds up the subject of one of those humiliating caption contests, somebody’s getting canned.”