- From The Snitch: “Nancy Pelosi’s Libertarian Opponent, John Dennis, Imagines Privatized Sidewalks.” More on one race, at least, that the Democrats are not expected to lose:
- Matt Gonzalez Endorses John Dennis — Nancy Pelosi’s Republican Opponent (The Snitch)
- The Republican Running Against Pelosi (NY Times)
- Will Pelosi Pay the Price? (Jonathan Cohn, The New Republic)
- Yep, all indications are that House Democrats are going to perform as well at the polls as the Atlanta Braves’ Brooks Conrad did in the infield. California, however, may buck that trend. This Calbuzz post puts just three House races in play, two of which are in Northern California. Republican Rep. Dan Lungren (3rd Congressional District) and Democrat Rep. Jerry McNerney (11th District) face competitive contests. If Lungren–a former state attorney general and Republican candidate for governor–loses, he may be one of the few Republican incumbents to give up his seat this cycle.
- 7X7 has posted some great performance videos from last weekend’s Treasure Island Music Festival
- From KALW’s The Informant, this missing person alert:
San Francisco Police are asking for the public’s assistance in locating 18-year-old Matthew Hattan, who has been missing since October 9th. Hattan, is a habitual runaway from the 400 block of Berry Street, has no house keys and does not know his way home.
He has a medical condition and is known to be physically aggressive towards both police officers and citizens. This behavior is beyond Hattan’s control
Hattan stands about 5’10″ and weighs about 180 lbs. He has brown eyes and a shaven head, and was last seen wearing a purple knit beanie, black pants, black shoes, an olive green jacket and carrying a black umbrella.