Player Sponsored By
upper waypoint

In My Experience: Transgender Transitions

at
Save ArticleSave Article
Failed to save article

Please try again

(Deborah Svoboda/KQED)

Many in the transgender community are celebrating that Caitlyn Jenner, formerly known as Bruce Jenner, will be on the cover of Vanity Fair and hope the high-profile platform will lead to wider acceptance of transgender people. As part of Forum’s In My Experience series, we talk with local transgender people about their stories of transition and hear their thoughts on the nation’s discussion about Caitlyn Jenner.

Resources Recommended by Guests

The SF LGBT Center's Transgender Employment Services

Transboom

Transgender Law Center Helpline

Guests:

Jamie Rafaela Wolfe, vice president of TransGender San Francisco

Isa Noyola, program manager at the Transgender Law Center

Sawyer Steele, senior producer at Moxie Institute Film Studio and Lab

Fresh White, life coach and contributing author to "Trans Bodies, Trans Selves"

Sponsored

Transmarch.org

Books Recommended by Guests

Boys Like Her: Transfictions by Taste This

Letters for My Brothers by Megan Rohrer

Redefining Realness: My Path to Womanhood, Identity, Love & So Much More by Janet Mock

She's Not There: A Life in Two Genders by Jennifer Finney Boylan

Whipping Girl: A Transsexual Woman on Sexism and the Scapegoating of Femininity by Julia Serano

"Transitioning" from KQED News

lower waypoint
next waypoint
First Trump Criminal Trial Underway in New YorkThe Beauty in Finding ‘Other People’s Words’ in Your OwnWhat the 99 Cents Only Stores Closure Means to CaliforniansBay Area Diaspora Closely Watching India’s Upcoming Electionare u addicted to ur phoneJosé Vadi’s “Chipped” Looks at Life from a Skateboarder’s Lens‘The Notorious PhD’ on How Hip Hop Made AmericaSan Francisco Voters Face a Crowded and Contentious Mayor’s RaceWho Is Responsible For One of the Largest Internet Hacks Ever?So You Want to Be a DJ?