(Will Elder/Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy)

What undiscovered critters are scurrying around in the Bay Area? Locals will have a chance to help answer that question March 28-29 at National Geographic’s 4th annual BioBlitz event, where scientists and the public team up to index the many species living along the 80,000 acres of Northern California shoreline.

Guests:
John Francis, biologist and vice president of research, conservation and exploration at National Geographic
Allen Fish, director of the Golden Gate Raptor Observatory for the Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy

• LLE68

re: National Geographic being about helping people to care about the planet: So, what’s with that survival series on the Nat’l Geo channel that throws in the doomsday towel and essentially entertains people with the scenario that the earth was un-savable? I cancelled my subscription over that repulsive show.

• Dan Rademacher

Bioblitzes are a great way to really participate in science and the study of local nature. Through http://nerdsfornature.org/bioblitz, I help run a series of grassroots blitzes, including one at Crissy Field that’s part of the big GGNRA blitz. But then more at Tilden Park in Berkeley on April 20 and back in SF on May 4

• coctutu

What was the app they mentioned at the end of this talk?

• Elinor Craig

Ditto

• Elinor Craig

iNaturalist

• coctutu

Thanks!

Sponsored by

Become a KQED sponsor