Player Sponsored By
upper waypoint

In My Experience: Emergency Responders

at
Save ArticleSave Article
Failed to save article

Please try again

(Getty Images)

Emergency responders: When a building collapses or a fire breaks out, they’re often first on the scene. As part of Forum’s “In My Experience” series, we talk with first responders about delivering babies, saving stabbing victims, losing colleagues, and dealing with the stress of a job that puts them at the center of trauma and chaos.

Guests:

Dan Robertson, firefighter for the Oakland Fire Department; and president of the I.A.F.F. Local 55, which represents firefighters from Oakland and Alameda Counties

Arthur "Art" Hsieh, paramedic program director at Santa Rosa Junior College, per diem paramedic in the Central Valley and editor-in-chief of "Em!," and online news source for EMS professional

Kyle Barbour, operations officer and field member of the Bay Area Mountain Rescue Unit, emergency department technician in a Bay Area trauma center, and part of San Francisco Suicide Prevention

Delya Stoltz, paramedic for Westside Community Ambulance and Patterson District Ambulance

Sponsored

lower waypoint
next waypoint
Death Doula Alua Arthur on How and Why to Prepare for the EndHow to Create Your Own ‘Garden Wonderland’First Trump Criminal Trial Underway in New YorkThe Beauty in Finding ‘Other People’s Words’ in Your OwnWhat the 99 Cents Only Stores Closure Means to CaliforniansBay Area Diaspora Closely Watching India’s Upcoming Electionare u addicted to ur phoneJosé Vadi’s “Chipped” Looks at Life from a Skateboarder’s Lens‘The Notorious PhD’ on How Hip Hop Made AmericaSan Francisco Voters Face a Crowded and Contentious Mayor’s Race