KQED is hiring freelance journalists and writers to contribute stories to KQED’s food blog, Bay Area Bites.
- Are you passionate about writing stories on food-centric topics?
- Do you have food journalism or food writing experience?
- Are you on the pulse of the culinary scene in the Bay Area?
- Can you take photos and understand the art of food porn?
- Food media writing experience – published articles
- Basic photography skills – shooting and editing photos
- Active in social media and follow food-related sources
- Familiarity using WordPress
- Competent at managing time and meeting deadlines
- Familiar with KQED – its mission and media
- Video skills
- Illustration and Infographic skills
- Expertise in wine, beer, spirits
If you have these basic qualifications and would like to apply, please send information about yourself — your areas of expertise, why you would be a good fit for BAB, links to published work, and two pitches reflecting your areas of interest to email@example.com