Listen to KQED’s Forum: The Year in Beer
Tue, Dec 23, 2013 — 10:00 AM
Ever since Fritz Maytag bought and transformed San Francisco’s struggling Anchor Steam brewery, Northern California has been one of the centers of the craft beer and microbrew movements. KQED’s Forum talks about the latest trends, from sour beer to the rise of retail tasting rooms, and explores how today’s local brewers are redefining the beloved beverage.
Host: Dave Iverson
- Jay Brooks, beer blogger and author of “California Breweries North” featured writer at All About Beer Magazine and beer columnist at Bay Area News Group
- Nicole Erny, Oakland-based master cicerone, or beer sommelier; she is one of seven master cicerones in the world, and the first female certified cicerone
- Shaun O’Sullivan, co-founder and brewmaster at the 21st Amendment Brewery in San Francisco
- Wine Has Sommeliers. Now, Beer Has Cicerones
- Why Aren’t There More People of Color in Craft Brewing?
- Bison Brewery Grows Hops in Oakland, Brews Up Local Beer