Homemade Irish Cream
When I first discovered this recipe for Homemade Irish Cream from The Hungry Mouse, I knew I had struck Leprechaun’s gold. It was easy (with 8 ingredients, almost all of which I already had in my kitchen), it was straightforward (step 1: blend, step 2: imbibe), and it was flexible (Extra-boozy? Just a hint of boozy? Your choice!).
At a loss for what to do with all that creamy, frothy, goodness?
• Start your morning right with some Irish Coffee — you’ll be singing sunshine, lollipops and rainbows…guaranteed.
• Not sure how many boys this Milkshake will bring to the yard, but pretty sure it will satisfy plenty of females. Booze, chocolate, and ice cream? That kills almost every bird there is.
• Irish Car Bomb Cupcakes, as amazing as they sound, and hands down one of the best icings ever concocted.
• And of course, there is no shortage of sexually explicit cocktails out there made with this luxurious elixir.
Homemade Irish Cream Liqueur
Recipe from The Hungry Mouse.
Makes: Enough to fill one large (750 ml.) Perrier bottle, and then some.
200 ml. Jameson’s Irish whiskey
14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
1 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
2 teaspoons instant coffee
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ teaspoon almond extract
1. Blend all the ingredients, except the whiskey, first. Then add the whiskey and blend again until thick and frothy.
2. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to a month. (Shake well before serving).
*Contains raw eggs.
Green is the Bay Area’s favorite color — to be sure, there is no shortage of revelry on this day o’ luck, with multiple block parties, drink specials, and special menus:
San Francisco St. Patrick’s Day Events – FuncheapSF
The 10 Best Irish Pubs in the City – 7×7
Bay Area Restaurants, St. Patrick’s Day Specials – SFGate
John Campbell’s Irish Bakery Opens in Pac Heights – SFoodie
Or, if you have an aversion to loud, beer-scented party people, excessive use of mardi gras beads, and/or waiting to pee…celebrate at home. Eat something hearty. Drink something frothy. Bake something buttery:
15 Recipes to Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day – L.A. Times Test Kitchen
What to Eat and Drink on St. Patrick’s Day – Serious Eats
The Great Irish Soda Bread Debate: 7 Soda Bread Recipes – Epicurious
The Irish Club’s Irish Stew & Chocolate Guinness Cake – Nigella Lawson
Chocolate Irish Whiskey Cake – Bay Area Bites
Dark Chocolate Mint Brownies – Bakerella
Stout Float – Gourmet
No More Green Beer: 4 St. Patrick’s Day Cocktails – Derek M. Brown at The Atlantic